How to ask for interview while on site

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

asdf1192

Membership Revoked
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am doing a rotation at a residency site but a separate specialty from what I'm applying for. What's the best way to ask the program for an interview while I'm on location? Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Another weird situation, a different specialty? If you are an IMG or something doing a domestic rotation unrelated to your field you could consider contacting them saying you are in town, but do NOT expect them to make a special interview day just for you. They might allow you to come for a scheduled interview day, or nothing at all. And that assumes your unrelated rotation would even allow you a day or two off to interview, which might be unlikely making this entire post moot.

If you are applying into multiple specialties and that's why you are doing this rotation, I absolutely wouldn't contact them as they wont think you are serious about their field.

Another weird situation, a different specialty? If you are an IMG or something doing a domestic rotation unrelated to your field you could consider contacting them saying you are in town, but do NOT expect them to make a special interview day just for you. They might allow you to come for a scheduled interview day, or nothing at all. And that assumes your unrelated rotation would even allow you a day or two off to interview, which might be unlikely making this entire post moot.

If you are applying into multiple specialties and that's why you are doing this rotation, I absolutely wouldn't contact them as they wont think you are serious about their field.
US allopath doing a required rotation at a beach town because I feel like it. Program is below my stat range.

Reactions: 1 user