China and Eastern Asia How to build a competitive profile for Duke-NUS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

eleanorquinn

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone,
I am a freshman in university, majoring in Biomedical Science. I want to start preparing my application for medical school (Duke-NUS specifically) as I think early preparation can make my profile more competitive. I am seeking advice on how I should build my profile (in terms of academics, volunteer experience, shadowing, etc.) in order to increase the chance, so that I have the idea of what I should do for the subsequent years.
Thank you in advance!
 
Thank you for your advice, really appreciate it 🙂 can I ask something regarding shadowing doctors? Usually how long and how many specialties are sufficient enough for shadowing?