How to categorize virtual patient education?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

conflicted0892

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everyone, I am currently volunteering with a free clinic to provide virtual diabetes/nutrition education to Spanish Speaking patients. I give the presentation to the clinic's patients and also serve as an interpreter for the clinic's nutritionist. During these meetings, I get to really learn about the patients as they ask us different questions pertaining to their conditions (5 people max show up so essentially just hearing out patients and trying to help them with their nutrition and diabetes management). I am leaning to classifying it as non clinical volunteering but just wanted to get a sense of what others thought. Thanks guys!