How to classify volunteer coaching on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

charactercomic2

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking on old subs and forums, but I couldn't find anything substantial. I know there are however a lot of applicants who have volunteer coaching, whether with youth or high schoolers; what would this be classified under? I've seen some mention it as community service, and others as teaching. In my situation, its volunteer coaching at local high school, but I will be a TA next semester so I don't want to sort of double down on teaching (sorry if this is coming off as naïve). Thank you for any response!
 
I put mine as community service. For me, coaching is service with a teaching aspect, being a TA is teaching with a service aspect, that's how i distinguished them
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was looking on old subs and forums, but I couldn't find anything substantial. I know there are however a lot of applicants who have volunteer coaching, whether with youth or high schoolers; what would this be classified under? I've seen some mention it as community service, and others as teaching. In my situation, its volunteer coaching at local high school, but I will be a TA next semester so I don't want to sort of double down on teaching (sorry if this is coming off as naïve). Thank you for any response!
Calling it Volunteer/Community Service-Not Medical/Clinical works just fine. Balancing your application among the variety of available tags is desirable.