How to 'convert' AMCAS to TMDSAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

248pinkalicious

Reaction score
Hi All!

Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback. Quick q' how does one go about 'converting' there AMCAS app into a TMDSAS app. I don't mean actually sending the same app, but using everything they wrote for amcas and instead adjusting the character count for TMDSAS. For the personal statement its kinda ok, but I am struggling a bit with fixing / figuring out how to do the activity descriptions.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi All!

Thank you in advance for any helpful feedback. Quick q' how does one go about 'converting' there AMCAS app into a TMDSAS app. I don't mean actually sending the same app, but using everything they wrote for amcas and instead adjusting the character count for TMDSAS. For the personal statement its kinda ok, but I am struggling a bit with fixing / figuring out how to do the activity descriptions.
The main differences are:
1. TMDSAS personal statement limit is 5000 characters.
2. You need to give AAMC permission to release your MCAT scores to TMDSAS - do this after you have filled in the blanks asking for your MCAT dates.
3. Activity descriptions are limited to 300 characters.
4. Most meaningful activities you get 500 more characters.
5. You are not limited to 15 activities
6. There are 2 more essays you need to write, 2500 characters each.
7. Letters 3 minimum 4 maximum and all letters go to all schools.
8. Wait for your spring grades to apply, but you don’t send your transcripts at the time of application.

Last of all, only a max of 10% of each class can be OOS.

The instructions on the TMDSAS guide are very detailed so you will know what to do. You can fill out as much as you want starting May 1, BUT you must wait for your spring grades to be final so you can enter those in the application.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users