How to correctly say cadaver?

Started by gobills123
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

gobills123

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently learned that the term cadaver is no longer correct to use anymore, and donor is the more appropriate word. I was a TA for the gross anatomy lab at my school, and my school used (and still uses) the term cadavers. How would I use donor in a sentence? When I try and use it, it feels like it's missing a noun after it. Thank you for the help.
 
  • Like
Reactions: HAB
We have no way of knowing the context you are using it in. I do not know what you would say beyond you were a TA for gross anatomy and helped students as they studied donors. There shouldn’t be any confusion from the reader for that.

Or if this is on AMCAS, the title would be TA-Gross Anatomy and in the description you can write you helped students as they worked on the anatomical donors.
 
We have no way of knowing the context you are using it in. I do not know what you would say beyond you were a TA for gross anatomy and helped students as they studied donors. There shouldn’t be any confusion from the reader for that.

Or if this is on AMCAS, the title would be TA-Gross Anatomy and in the description you can write you helped students as they worked on the anatomical donors.
thank you
 
I recently learned that the term cadaver is no longer correct to use anymore, and donor is the more appropriate word. I was a TA for the gross anatomy lab at my school, and my school used (and still uses) the term cadavers. How would I use donor in a sentence? When I try and use it, it feels like it's missing a noun after it. Thank you for the help.
I think the shift in the nomenclature does acknowledge the humanity of the bodies... that someone willingly offered their body for the sake of your education. I don't know if this is being universally applied, but I don't think you would get dinged for using "cadaver" occasionally.