how to cure shaky hands?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

nishtha

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
my hands shake a lot even when i m not nervous and at rest. being a dental student i want to get rid of it as soon as possible. what should i do to cure it?

Members don't see this ad.

I dont know if this works for everyone, but I had that problem and wondered the same thing and began trying out different methods. I found that focusing on a calm breath and slowing down helped out tremendously.

Everyone's hands shake slightly at rest. A stable hand at rest and a stable hand holding stuff next to the mouth are different things. Stop worrying and move on. Learn how to use a proper finger rest and use your pinkie to retract the cheeks. Your hands will be working against so much resistance hands shaking isn't a problem.

Members don't see this ad :)
my hands shake a lot even when i m not nervous and at rest. being a dental student i want to get rid of it as soon as possible. what should i do to cure it?

Inject lidocaine in to wrist and forearm. Works every time.

Propranolol works really well for shaky hands, just be sure not to take too much at once cause you could faint ;)

Is your shaky hand issue glucose level related?

I have notice I get a little tremor in my hands as I get close to lunch time is my breakfast was not good enough. If this happens I pop a little hard candy in my mouth and in a few minutes the shakes are gone.

Put your hands against the table,with only 2 fingers in contact. Does it shake? If not, you're good. If it does, talk to your doctor. Don't take medical advice from randoms on the internet. At least one of the suggestions above will put your body in shock, which means this thread should be deleted soon. Preferably not just closed, but deleted; because idiots are telling others how to kill themselves. Armorshell, you got work to do.

Last edited:
The shock potential of lidocaine, propranolol, and Jolly Ranchers isn't well-described in any literature I'm aware of. Talking to your doctor about it is the best suggestion so far, but otherwise let's not get too carried away with the apocalyptic consequences of local anesthetic and beta blockers. ;)

The shock potential of lidocaine, propranolol, and Jolly Ranchers isn't well-described in any literature I'm aware of. Talking to your doctor about it is the best suggestion so far, but otherwise let's not get too carried away with the apocalyptic consequences of local anesthetic and beta blockers. ;)

Sorry. should've done a quick research before speaking. What I should've said instead of shock was cardiac arrest, per the FDA warning of lidocaine.

Sorry. should've done a quick research before speaking. What I should've said instead of shock was cardiac arrest, per the FDA warning of lidocaine.
Fair enough, but I still think you're overstating the danger. FYI, IV lidocaine is widely employed as a ventricular antiarrhythmic agent (class 1B, sodium-channel inhibitor). Anyone interested can google "lidocaine antiarrhythmic" to learn more. This thread has run its course. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.