How to DECIDE between UTH and UTMB?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sebsvenmdc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, I think I am so in love with the TMC that going to UTMB isn't going to happen, but I had an idea.

Can I attend the PBL sessions one day at UTMB and go to all of the lectures and labs at UTH the next day?

Just in case, I find that the lectures are terrible...do professors give you lecture notes with EVERYTHING you need to know? Or do you have to take great notes to get anything out of them? If the lectures suck, but the lecture notes that they give you suffice and you don't need to take notes, then skipping lectures makes TOTAL SENSE!

PLEASE HELP!!! :cool:

Members don't see this ad.

I am a first year at UTH, Pretty much all you need is in the sylabus, which is a compilation of the semesters notes. Some lectures are great, I skip most, they are recorded for your viewing pleasure. My advice....Who wants to live on the coast?? forget UTMB.

This was posted in its own thread (thanks sebsvenmdc)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=343636

Ok, for all of you thinking about UTH or UTMB. Here is information regarding the USMLE Step 1 scores:

Year...UTH....UTMB...Nat'l...UTH...UTMB...Nat'l
2002....91%......NA.....91%.....214.....NA......216
2003....89%.....96%....92%.....208....223......216
2004....86%.....93%....92%.....208....221......216
2005....92%.....96%....93%.....219....224......217
2006....95%.....99%....94%.....220....228......219

* Indicates preliminary results.

(The UTMB data comes straight from their website. The UTH data came from some admissions person...it's legit.) One more thing to add...the above dates correspond to the year that the exam was taken rather than the year of graduation.)

Members don't see this ad :)
Are there any badass mountain bike trails near UTH or UTMB?

Are there any badass mountain bike trails near UTH or UTMB?

Of course, these trails are walking distance to the skiing slopes. Just get to the ski resort, and you'll see the mountain bike trails:laugh: