How to enter IB classes on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CyberTammy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
deleted

Members don't see this ad.

These should be included in the very first classes that you put down. I included all my high school college credit classes in semester 1. You will have to get transcripts for them right? So you should put down the dates you were in the IB program and had the IB exams that are included in your college credits.

I would change the dates attended at your undergrad institution to include the summer session when you took the tests. That way you can include the date of tests as it appears on your transcript. Try to make it easy for the AMCAS checker people. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Amy B said:
These should be included in the very first classes that you put down. I included all my high school college credit classes in semester 1. You will have to get transcripts for them right? So you should put down the dates you were in the IB program and had the IB exams that are included in your college credits.

You do put them under first semester/quarter, because that is when they were granted to you. I did that and was just fine. You do not need to send in AP score reports because they are already on your official transcript, so dates shouldn't be a problem. Put them under 1st quarter/semester freshman year.

I put my IB exams (along with my AP exams) in session 1 of my freshman year as "Advanced Placement." I'm not sure if its exactly how you are supposed to do it, but I think it works out. It's not factored into GPA anyway, it just shows the schools that you took them.

I think you're supposed to only list tests that show up on your college transcript, maybe that's wrong but that's what I did. I don't think another few IB exams would make much of a difference anyway.

mikeyboy said:
I put my IB exams (along with my AP exams) in session 1 of my freshman year as "Advanced Placement." I'm not sure if its exactly how you are supposed to do it, but I think it works out. It's not factored into GPA anyway, it just shows the schools that you took them.

I think you're supposed to only list tests that show up on your college transcript, maybe that's wrong but that's what I did. I don't think another few IB exams would make much of a difference anyway.

Yup, only the ones on your official transcript. Otherwise the number of units on your app and the transcript will not match up.