How to find a dental assistance job

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chococat11

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone :)
I was actually looking into a summer job and looking at craiglist for dental assistance job.
I didn't find much.
Where do you guys find a dental assistance job?
Do you guys just walk into a dental office and ask if they are looking for one?

Members don't see this ad.

I think it'll probably be hard for you to find a dental assistant "summer job." I would imagine most places want longer term commitments if they're going to invest time and money to train you. Those that have dental assistant jobs I think just started out shadowing.

Yeah thats what I did...

I started shadowing in november. Nothing big, just a couple hours a week. When I got closer with the doctors I asked if I could do a co-op with them fall 2009 and they said yes. Im going to ask them if I could start mid summer once my app is complete and im sure they will be fine with that.

Members don't see this ad :)
just flip open the newspaper and make phone call
2 weeks of searching and a dozens phone call landed me in dental assistant job, the pay sux but o well i just in it for the experiences.

um, well im going to take a 10 month course and be certified instead of a chairside. You get higher pay, get to do more stuff, and u dont have to sit around getting trained, and the "feeling awkward" takes up less time. I would start by shadowing tho..
i dno, being certified would make me be more comfortable at least, but like when u shadow the dentist will probably even know which other dentists in the area train people and which ones want them certified.

been looking for this dental assistant job from past 2 yrs...still no luck. Went to so many clinics leaving resume and nice letter explaining how i don't care about the money all i want is the experience, but i don't think anyone understands. I have shadowed 2 dentists so far was hoping they would hire me as assistant, but they still havent mentioned anything about that. Finally gave up and now I have decided to do the 10 months program. I also found this 9 weeks program but it just looks so suspicious. check it out www.dats.net

been looking for this dental assistant job from past 2 yrs...still no luck. Went to so many clinics leaving resume and nice letter explaining how i don't care about the money all i want is the experience, but i don't think anyone understands. I have shadowed 2 dentists so far was hoping they would hire me as assistant, but they still havent mentioned anything about that. Finally gave up and now I have decided to do the 10 months program. I also found this 9 weeks program but it just looks so suspicious. check it out www.dats.net
Check this out
http://www.pennfoster.edu/dental/TrainingMethod.html