Hawk5

5+ Year Member
May 7, 2011
Status
  1. Dental Student
Hey everybody:

I am going to be taking a gap year and I would like to find a Dental Assistant position during that time. Can anybody offer some advice on how to find a position like this? Should I cold call some offices, or just drop by with my resume?

If anybody has been successful in finding a Dental Assistant position, let me know how you did it! Any advice would be awesome.

Duriel

10+ Year Member
Jun 2, 2008
Status
  1. Dental Student
I looked on craigslist and found someone who was looking to train someone. You might also check dentalpost, maybe there is something on there.

About the Ads

Hawk5

5+ Year Member
May 7, 2011
Status
  1. Dental Student
Good question. I actually have been searching for Lab Tech jobs etc (I will have a BS in Bio) but I am not having too much luck. And to be honest, I am not too fond of labwork. I would probably be happier learning about dentistry.

Jan 17, 2006
Status
  1. Dentist
Good question. I actually have been searching for Lab Tech jobs etc (I will have a BS in Bio) but I am not having too much luck. And to be honest, I am not too fond of labwork. I would probably be happier learning about dentistry.

So much for a marketable degree. You would be better off working at McD; learning about dentistry is what ds are all about.

Mar 3, 2011
Washington
Status
  1. Dental Student
try asking the dentist(s) you shadowed if they need any help around the office since they know you and your goals! throw in some "volunteer" hours for training and i'm sure you will get some bites

Apr 12, 2011
Status
  1. Pre-Dental
Some states offer dental x-ray courses that get you certified to take x-rays in 3-6 weeks over the weekends. If you have that a lot of offices will take you

This thread is more than 8 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads