HOW TO FIND A LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION FROM A D.O

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patou

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am presently applying to D.O schools but unable to obtain a letter of recommendation from a D.O. I am very motivated and would appreciate any suggestion you might have in helping me in the search for a D.O willing to write a letter to a prospective student.

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,

You're short on time now. The most common way to attain a letter of support from an Osteopathic Physician is to shadow one and get to know him/her.

Shadowing is easy. You just go through the phone book and call offices until you find a doctor (D.O.) willing to let you observe. You then later request a letter of recommendation.

In your case I suggest you tap into family networking. Ask everyone you know if they have a friend or relative or family doctor that they know who is a D.O. Do your best to find someone who would be willing to write you a letter based on a short interview. Granted it won't be a terribly strong letter of support, but at least it will fill the requirements, and if you have good qualifications it won't hurt you too much.

Good Luck!
W.