• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

how to find a pharm tech job??

pharwanabe

10+ Year Member
Nov 27, 2007
  1. Pre-Pharmacy
    this might sound stupid but i bee searching for a pharm tech job online and in person. i just can't seem to find one and maybe i'm missing some sites on line. if you guys have any sites that u went on to find a job plz let me know
    thanks

About the Ads

Tweetie pie

10+ Year Member
    Aug 1, 2007
    Hackensack, NJ
    1. Resident [Any Field]
      Although it is not in my area of field, but might look into later on, so here it is. It helps to just call up places and ask them if they need any pharm technician. They do hesitate at first. Do tell them about you. like you are applying to pharmacy school and already have a license and want to get more insight on the field. Also, try to mention if you had previous internship experience in the field, then I am sure they will at least consider ur request strongly. And if they say, they will look into and will call later and don't call within a week or so, do call them again, reminding them that you called and ........ Hope this helps!

fxok425

10+ Year Member
      Jan 5, 2008
      1. Pre-Pharmacy
        I first just wanted to find a volunteer job in pharmacy to gain some experience. I called around and went to the pharmacies directly. They are all very nice. I finally got a clerk job in an independent pharmacy. Now the owner wants me to become a pharm. tech. I am thinking about it.

PearLBenzene

Accepted Pharmacy Student
        10+ Year Member
        Feb 6, 2008
        1. Pharmacy Student
          don't call the pharmacy, they'll probably be busy and not really have time to talk. Try stopping by when they're not busy.

I agree. They'll actually have more time to get to know you when they're not being swamped. Definitely tell them you plan to attend pharmacy school. When I mentioned that the pharmacist's decision made a 180.

I think it's definitely better to go meet them in person. They want to see that you are personable and would be a great addition to their staff.

jsp

10+ Year Member
          Sep 13, 2007
          1. Pre-Pharmacy
            I know exactly how you feel. I was in a similar situation last summer. I went EVERYWHERE looking for a job. Nobody was hiring. My advice is to simply be persistent, so when a job does open up YOU will know about it, and will be the one ready to apply. And hopefully the people will recognize or remember you.

pharwanabe

10+ Year Member
            Nov 27, 2007
            1. Pre-Pharmacy
              thanks everyone, i already have my pharm tech license and i did go by lots of places walgreen told me to apply on their computer, which froze like 5 times while i was applying then i came home and filled out the application, but then it said i have to go back to the store and apply again.
              but thanks for all the encouragement, i'll keep looking

jmcfa002

UCSF SoP c/o 2014
              10+ Year Member
              Oct 16, 2007
              Behind you
              1. Pre-Pharmacy
                I wonder if we can trade schools. I got accepted by Temple, but there is school I want to go.....sigh...:(
                I wish everyone luck here...
                This is so hard to decide....
                Congrats on being accepted, and it sucks to have to make big decisions. But why did you apply if you really didn't want to go there? People are getting rejected all the time, while others are distraught because they just want to go to a different school.

I'm not trying to start an argument, and I really do hope things work out for you, its just a little frustrating at times

About the Ads
                This thread is more than 13 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
                2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
                5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
                6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
                7. This thread is locked.