how to find a pharm tech job??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharwanabe

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
this might sound stupid but i bee searching for a pharm tech job online and in person. i just can't seem to find one and maybe i'm missing some sites on line. if you guys have any sites that u went on to find a job plz let me know
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Although it is not in my area of field, but might look into later on, so here it is. It helps to just call up places and ask them if they need any pharm technician. They do hesitate at first. Do tell them about you. like you are applying to pharmacy school and already have a license and want to get more insight on the field. Also, try to mention if you had previous internship experience in the field, then I am sure they will at least consider ur request strongly. And if they say, they will look into and will call later and don't call within a week or so, do call them again, reminding them that you called and ........ Hope this helps!

don't call the pharmacy, they'll probably be busy and not really have time to talk. Try stopping by when they're not busy.

I first just wanted to find a volunteer job in pharmacy to gain some experience. I called around and went to the pharmacies directly. They are all very nice. I finally got a clerk job in an independent pharmacy. Now the owner wants me to become a pharm. tech. I am thinking about it.

Get your license, make a resume, print a lot of them, and hand them to all pharmacies within 20 miles of where you live

don't call the pharmacy, they'll probably be busy and not really have time to talk. Try stopping by when they're not busy.

I agree. They'll actually have more time to get to know you when they're not being swamped. Definitely tell them you plan to attend pharmacy school. When I mentioned that the pharmacist's decision made a 180.

I think it's definitely better to go meet them in person. They want to see that you are personable and would be a great addition to their staff.

I know exactly how you feel. I was in a similar situation last summer. I went EVERYWHERE looking for a job. Nobody was hiring. My advice is to simply be persistent, so when a job does open up YOU will know about it, and will be the one ready to apply. And hopefully the people will recognize or remember you.

Ya don't get discouraged. I gave out about 17 resumes when I applied. I only got 2 calls.

thanks everyone, i already have my pharm tech license and i did go by lots of places walgreen told me to apply on their computer, which froze like 5 times while i was applying then i came home and filled out the application, but then it said i have to go back to the store and apply again.
but thanks for all the encouragement, i'll keep looking

I wonder if we can trade schools. I got accepted by Temple, but there is another school I want to go.....sigh...:(
I wish everyone luck here...
This is so hard to decide....

I wonder if we can trade schools. I got accepted by Temple, but there is school I want to go.....sigh...:(
I wish everyone luck here...
This is so hard to decide....
Congrats on being accepted, and it sucks to have to make big decisions. But why did you apply if you really didn't want to go there? People are getting rejected all the time, while others are distraught because they just want to go to a different school.

I'm not trying to start an argument, and I really do hope things work out for you, its just a little frustrating at times

Yeah like first thing when they open immediately, because afterwards they are more than likely trying to catch up on what was left over from last night. :(