How to find dentist to shadow?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

makushin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

tludy said:
Hello, I'm interested in shadowing a dentist soon. I'm currently living in a different state than my dentist, (i'm in hawaii). What do you guys do, just start going down the yellow pages?

yeah...pretty much.

I just randomly called up a dentist one day and asked if I could shadow him (I didn't like my dentist at the time). I was so impressed when I went to shadow him, he became my dentist! Most people are pretty nice about letting you shadow and if they say no, just ask someone else.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just stopped in at a dentists office and asked. most dentists dont care and probably enjoy it.

tludy said:
Hello, I'm interested in shadowing a dentist soon. I'm currently living in a different state than my dentist, (i'm in hawaii). What do you guys do, just start going down the yellow pages?

Walk in and ask if you can observe, if they are busy drop off a resume. Worked well for me.

If that doesn't work, persuade them with a Korean BBQ mix plate. onolicious :)

I went to the yellow pages (online) and started calling dentists around my neighborhood...

I pretty much was told "no thanks" at about 7 or 8 places before I found one cool one that said, "sure...why not?"

He turned out to be a really nice guy who had been an instructor at Tufts and BU. I learned a lot from him.

Good luck.