How to find the doctor shadowing opportunities

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

twofish

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm trying very hard to find some doctor shadowing opportunities. So far the volunteer job I'm doing mostly involves giving patient water/blanks. Not to say it's not important, but I really would like to do some doctor shadowing to see exactly how doctors operate.
I'm living in the bay area. Can anyone share some light on how to get into doctor shadowing?

thanks

Members don't see this ad.

twofish said:
Hi,
I'm trying very hard to find some doctor shadowing opportunities. So far the volunteer job I'm doing mostly involves giving patient water/blanks. Not to say it's not important, but I really would like to do some doctor shadowing to see exactly how doctors operate.
I'm living in the bay area. Can anyone share some light on how to get into doctor shadowing?

thanks

I just asked several at my local clinic and was willing to take HIPAA training.

Somebody said they talked to their local branch of some organization (AMA?) and actually got a stipend for shadowing :laugh: How lucky is that?

Go through the doctors you know personally. I knew several, and I'm now doing a clinical rotation with residents and fellows.

edit: damn spelling

Hi

As said by g3pro, you should network. Talk to people you know. Maybe the way to go is through friends of a friend. Anything really goes. Also, I am sure that you could get in touch with a local Medical School and state your interest, maybe they have better ideas as well.

good luck !
lf