How to format an update?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

catbreanna02

5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I want to send an update to a school (like GW), how should I go about formatting that? As a letter stating what I've done? A list? Askin for a friend

Members don't see this ad.

If I want to send an update to a school (like GW), how should I go about formatting that? As a letter stating what I've done? A list? Askin for a friend
For an Update Letter format, I suggest something like this:
Should not exceed one page; the shorter, the better. Address it to the Admissions Committee. Include AAMC ID #.

Say you want them to be aware of updates pertinent to your application in case it may help them make a decision on your file:
a. You might give your fall/spring GPA depending on the time of year, perhaps mentioning some classes relevant to med school.
b. Tell them any newly begun activities and any ongoing activity since you submitted (only the important stuff).
c. A publication is very important; if it's too long, use et al to shorten the author list.

You might close with why their school is perfect for you, trying to mesh with the school's mission statement. Say you look forward to hearing from them in the future regarding interview or acceptance as appropriate.

Then sign your name.

For an Update Letter format, I suggest something like this:
Should not exceed one page; the shorter, the better. Address it to the Admissions Committee. Include AAMC ID #.

Say you want them to be aware of updates pertinent to your application in case it may help them make a decision on your file:
a. You might give your fall/spring GPA depending on the time of year, perhaps mentioning some classes relevant to med school.
b. Tell them any newly begun activities and any ongoing activity since you submitted (only the important stuff).
c. A publication is very important; if it's too long, use et al to shorten the author list.

You might close with why their school is perfect for you, trying to mesh with the school's mission statement. Say you look forward to hearing from them in the future regarding interview or acceptance as appropriate.

Then sign your name.
thank you so much!! this was extremely helpful