How to get high score on PCAT? --- Some helpful tips

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

miaswift

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I took PCAT this year, and got a 95% overall score. Thanks so much for this website, because it provides with me SO much valuable information for the test. Here I would like to share some of my thoughts.

1). Everybody gives a high rating on Dr. Collin's study guide on this website, and so will I. I HIGHLY recommend this study material. Dr. Collin's is not a book. It comes with packages of study materials for every sections, including review materials and practice tests. HONESTLY, these tests appeared to be past exams. I literally went through the verbal section 30 minutes before the exam, and ran into around 10 EXACTLY the same questions. NO KIDDING... The other parts of the materials are also very helpful, because they are similar in difficulty to the ones you will see on the real exam. Also, they are condensed, to the point, and reliable.

The only thing about Dr. Collin's is that it's very expensive. If you want to buy one, you can pay $375 on http://www.pcatprepclass.com/ . I'm actually also selling mine (no notes on it) because I'm done with PCAT. If you want mine, you can email me at [email protected]. I'm willing to sell it to you at a much lower price. I can either give you a scanned version (pdf), or mail it to you.

2). The study guide and practice tests which you can buy from Pearson are also helpful. You can buy them at http://pcatweb.info/Practice-Test.php
The practice tests are also like real ones, so I'd recommend doing that too. I bought their study guide and went through it very thoroughly. The study guide is $25 and it comes as pdf files that you can download, but the real test can only be done on their sites. They are from the official test maker, so I'd say they are really helpful for the real test.

If you want the study guide, I can give it to you at $10, just email me and I'll email it back to you.

3). If you feel that you still need more practice. You can buy Kaplan's PCAT guide. I actually bought one but realized that libraries have these book and they are up-to-date. So if you don't want to buy Kaplan from Amazon, check out your local library. Kaplan is helpful in that it's comprehensive. It covers more stuff than Dr. Collin's. If you feel that you'd like a more comprehensive review of what you learned in college, you can read it as a complementary material. However, being more comprehensive also means having a lot of extra materials. If you think you are struggling with book, don't worry, the real test is not that hard.

Feel free to leave any questions!

Hope these advices helped!

Mia

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
I think you nailed it. I got a 93 with Pearson and Collins. The great thing about the Pearson exams is that they prep you so well with regard to timing that it makes the real thing kind of a breeze. Plus, a lot of questions from the practice exams and from Collins tend to appear on the real thing.

I found Kaplan overwhelming, though they had some good strategies for the verbal portion. Still didn't really use it.

Does Dr. Collins really help for the PCAT? I studied from Kaplan and didn't help a lot especially for math. How many practice test does Dr. Collins have for each section?

Members don't see this ad :)
Does Dr. Collins really help for the PCAT? I studied from Kaplan and didn't help a lot especially for math. How many practice test does Dr. Collins have for each section?

Here is answer.

yes !

may be bio 12 or 18 tests???
chem more than 10 test sets
math 8? maybe

Wow that's cool. It is too late for me. I already took the PCAT and scored very low. I'm applying for this cycle what should I do if I don't get accepted? Should I do my bachelor degree? Any advise???

Wow that's cool. It is too late for me. I already took the PCAT and scored very low. I'm applying for this cycle what should I do if I don't get accepted? Should I do my bachelor degree? Any advise???

check out non-pcat pharmacy schools as well if you are worried about your pcat score