How to get into dental school?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yankpak786

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm currently a junior and was wondering besides of doing well in pre-reqs, what other ways or extracurriculars can look good when applying to dental schools, AND what dental schools are rather easy to get into when in comparison to others (by no means do I mean any dental school is easy, just less competitive/selective)

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

High DAT and GPA is king. Make sure you have at least 100 hours shadowing and assisting. Volunteer in clubs at school and try to get leadership roles. Private schools with a large number of seats such as: BU, Tufts, Lecom and to a lesser extent NYU and USC have more seats to offer but are in no way easier schools to get into. There really isn't easy schools.

Thanks a lot!
What's a range for the gpa? I have around a 3.4 as of right now.. I'm trying to bring it up to a 3.7 at least, but I might just hit 3.5, it gets significantly harder to improve upon your gpa in like junior and senior year :/

Live your life like this:

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NisCkxU544c[/YOUTUBE]