How to Get out of Pre-med Recs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait a second...I heard of something similar to what the OP posted before...Yes..There is a medical school that waives some prerequisites. The school is called Stewart University School of Medicine (SUSOM). The OP better contact that school.

or a top ten school

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Careful, OP........

gonnagetraped.jpg

this is offensive on so many levels. Really....really?

sexist and racist. what a good doctor you'll make. Clearly all those pre-med recs have served you well

Oh my god...The OP is being serious :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Please...somebody do something to make me stop laughing :laugh: :laugh:

I can't help :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

this is offensive on so many levels. Really....really?

sexist and racist. what a good doctor you'll make. Clearly all those pre-med recs have served you well
If you think that is racist, you should see some of the shirts I sell. :smuggrin:

Oh, and by the way:
BurgerKingGod.jpg

haha.. u guys are mean.. but it's pretty hilarious

So a picture of a black man with the words "You're gonna get raped" is funny?

I know, my question sounded naive but I'm right. You're wrong.

Members don't see this ad :)
Well that was certainly original. You know you'd get more respect around here if you grew a pair.

Growing a pair is making racist remarks, making fun of rape, not asking a question on a forum MEANT for asking questions, dismissing a perfectly legitimate question because that's not the path that you took.

Ah yes, respect on SDN is absolutely what I want.

I can get into medical school without doing the pre-requisites Mr. Manatee.

ORLY-Manatee-tiny.jpg

:laugh: That pic is hilarious! I just spit granola bar all over my keyboard.

Hey guys...This is a messege the OP sent me

"**EDIT** "

Oh boy...I gotta have faith in him....I gotta......
I would delete that if I were you....unless you want to get dinged by the mods. He PM'ed me too but I won't get myself in trouble just to further mock him. :laugh:

I would delete that if I were you....unless you want to get dinged by the mods. He PM'ed me too but I won't get myself in trouble just to further mock him. :laugh:

I fixed it :thumbup:

Growing a pair is making racist remarks, making fun of rape, not asking a question on a forum MEANT for asking questions, dismissing a perfectly legitimate question because that's not the path that you took.

IZO.jpg

FrozenEntree_rape.jpg

2poster94274715.gif

xeq0x0.gif

Did I cover all the bases? Because I sure have a pair......

Yes, there are better classes that can make you a better doctor and they are called electives! Your pre-reqs are still your pre-reqs. And maybe some schools might be lazy enough not to check your transcript. But, you cannot count on that, as your chances of getting into med school will definetly decrease (almos to zero). And while many people might have waived specific classes, it is also because they took a similar class that taught the same material. For example, if you are a BME, you can waive out of most bio pre-reqs because you have to take a lot of bioengeneering classes that cover basic molecular biology, physiology, etc...

yes, it's cheesy to quote one's own post.. But yeah... on replying sarah's comment, read above. And I'm sure that sarah might have her reasons, but again, you have to look into the whole picture and the whole picture is that if you want to get into med school you have to have pre-reqs (since med school is so competitive, you always want to do MORE than less...) taking shortcuts will only hurt you.

And i'm sorry this whole story of "i'm right, your wrong" it's just plain childish. Doctors should understand ambiguity, a lot of things aren't right or wrong and med school application is certainly one of those...

hillarysm.jpg

LET THE CONVERSATION BEGIN!!!

Then, more on ambiguity. Who says taking another class besides the basic pre-med recs is a short cut?

I say, if you want you want to contribute to sdn, answer the question. If you don't, have something more substantial to say. Otherwise, every thread is going to degenerate into this useless chain in which no one answers the question.

Then, more on ambiguity. Who says taking another class besides the basic pre-med recs is a short cut?

I say, if you want you want to contribute to sdn, answer the question. If you don't, have something more substantial to say. Otherwise, every thread is going to degenerate into this useless chain in which no one answers the question.
But it's so much more fun to break the stress that many of us are going through with the end of the application cycle by making fun of people with ridiculous questions.......

The OP may or may not be asking a serious question. My mind may or may not boggle at it's asking. Since a quick check of the OP posting history shows he/she's already interviewed at several places, perhaps the best thing for the OP is to ask those places what their requirements are. I see nothing but more confrontation from here on out. Closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.