How to get to Dartmouth

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ebolahunter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What is the best/quickest/cheapest route to Dartmouth?

Members don't see this ad.

ebolahunter said:
What is the best/quickest/cheapest route to Dartmouth?

hey, I interviewed there on Oct 4th. Take a plane to Manchester and either buy a ticket for the bus or rent a car from Budget (i say budget because they don't charge a fee for being under 25). If you are flying out of the southeast, i would take Southwest. The trip by car to Hanover takes 1.5 hours. I don't know about the bus. On your way back to manchester after your interview, go ahead an offer your interviewees a ride back to manchester if they have flights leaving that same day. They may help you with gas.

JG198 said:
hey, I interviewed there on Oct 4th. Take a plane to Manchester and either buy a ticket for the bus or rent a car from Budget (i say budget because they don't charge a fee for being under 25). If you are flying out of the southeast, i would take Southwest. The trip by car to Hanover takes 1.5 hours. I don't know about the bus. On your way back to manchester after your interview, go ahead an offer your interviewees a ride back to manchester if they have flights leaving that same day. They may help you with gas.

thanks man

Members don't see this ad :)
ebolahunter said:
thanks man

let me know if you have other questions. I can try to help...just PM me

ebolahunter -- when are you interviewing at Dartmouth?

godawgs39 said:
ebolahunter -- when are you interviewing at Dartmouth?

either december 1st or 8th. i got the invite today.

I took the Dartmouth coach from the Boston Logan airport since that was cheapest for me (about 2 hours from Boston) and I was able to combine it with a Boston interview. It was very comfortable and they play a movie for you. :thumbup:

Hanover is beautiful! have fun. : )

anystream said:
I took the Dartmouth coach from the Boston Logan airport since that was cheapest for me (about 2 hours from Boston) and I was able to combine it with a Boston interview. It was very comfortable and they play a movie for you. :thumbup:

Hanover is beautiful! have fun. : )

That's what I'll be doing. Did you stay with a student host? I can't wait to interview there!

godawgs39 said:
That's what I'll be doing. Did you stay with a student host? I can't wait to interview there!
I stayed with a student. He was nice and took my out to a bar the evening I arrived. (something Canoe was the name). Anynow, I think you will like Hanover too. I loved the overall atmosphere of it.

JG198 said:
I stayed with a student. He was nice and took my out to a bar the evening I arrived. (something Canoe was the name). Anynow, I think you will like Hanover too. I loved the overall atmosphere of it.
bar, sounds nice. when i asked about fun everyone talked about hiking, biking, skiing and running instead of bars and nightclubs. i guess those are the tradeoffs for going to a rural place...but young ppl still need places to go to hang out

If you interview on Dec 1st I'll see you there. I plan on flying into Lebanon NH.

Oh ya but to fly into there (Lebanon) you have to be flying from NYC.

ti89 said:
Oh ya but to fly into there (Lebanon) you have to be flying from NYC.

i found a flight through detroit thats 200 RT to manchester which seemed reasonable.

ebolahunter said:
i found a flight through detroit thats 200 RT to manchester which seemed reasonable.

what airport are you flying from?

I'm from NH and visited Dartmouth this summer so if you need help with directions PM me and let me know :)

JG198 said:

if you want to take a bus from Manchester, look up the Vermont Transit schedule on-line. the trip takes about the same as a car, 1.5 hours.
went to Dartmouth undergrad. it awesome up there-enjoy hanover