JG198

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status
Medical Student
ebolahunter said:
What is the best/quickest/cheapest route to Dartmouth?

hey, I interviewed there on Oct 4th. Take a plane to Manchester and either buy a ticket for the bus or rent a car from Budget (i say budget because they don't charge a fee for being under 25). If you are flying out of the southeast, i would take Southwest. The trip by car to Hanover takes 1.5 hours. I don't know about the bus. On your way back to manchester after your interview, go ahead an offer your interviewees a ride back to manchester if they have flights leaving that same day. They may help you with gas.

OP
E

ebolahunter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
Status
JG198 said:
hey, I interviewed there on Oct 4th. Take a plane to Manchester and either buy a ticket for the bus or rent a car from Budget (i say budget because they don't charge a fee for being under 25). If you are flying out of the southeast, i would take Southwest. The trip by car to Hanover takes 1.5 hours. I don't know about the bus. On your way back to manchester after your interview, go ahead an offer your interviewees a ride back to manchester if they have flights leaving that same day. They may help you with gas.
thanks man

JG198

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status
Medical Student
ebolahunter said:
thanks man

let me know if you have other questions. I can try to help...just PM me

godawgs39

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
ebolahunter -- when are you interviewing at Dartmouth?

OP
E

ebolahunter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
Status
godawgs39 said:
ebolahunter -- when are you interviewing at Dartmouth?
either december 1st or 8th. i got the invite today.

anystream

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 26, 2005
Status
Medical Student
I took the Dartmouth coach from the Boston Logan airport since that was cheapest for me (about 2 hours from Boston) and I was able to combine it with a Boston interview. It was very comfortable and they play a movie for you. :thumbup:

Hanover is beautiful! have fun. : )

godawgs39

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 13, 2005
Status
Medical Student
anystream said:
I took the Dartmouth coach from the Boston Logan airport since that was cheapest for me (about 2 hours from Boston) and I was able to combine it with a Boston interview. It was very comfortable and they play a movie for you. :thumbup:

Hanover is beautiful! have fun. : )
That's what I'll be doing. Did you stay with a student host? I can't wait to interview there!

JG198

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status
Medical Student
godawgs39 said:
That's what I'll be doing. Did you stay with a student host? I can't wait to interview there!
I stayed with a student. He was nice and took my out to a bar the evening I arrived. (something Canoe was the name). Anynow, I think you will like Hanover too. I loved the overall atmosphere of it.

Shredder

User
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2004
Status
Medical Student
JG198 said:
I stayed with a student. He was nice and took my out to a bar the evening I arrived. (something Canoe was the name). Anynow, I think you will like Hanover too. I loved the overall atmosphere of it.
bar, sounds nice. when i asked about fun everyone talked about hiking, biking, skiing and running instead of bars and nightclubs. i guess those are the tradeoffs for going to a rural place...but young ppl still need places to go to hang out

ti89

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
Status
If you interview on Dec 1st I'll see you there. I plan on flying into Lebanon NH.

ti89

10+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
Status
Oh ya but to fly into there (Lebanon) you have to be flying from NYC.

OP
E

ebolahunter

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Apr 17, 2005
Status
ti89 said:
Oh ya but to fly into there (Lebanon) you have to be flying from NYC.
i found a flight through detroit thats 200 RT to manchester which seemed reasonable.

JG198

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Oct 12, 2005
Status
Medical Student
ebolahunter said:
i found a flight through detroit thats 200 RT to manchester which seemed reasonable.

what airport are you flying from?

calidreaming

10+ Year Member
Dec 1, 2005
Status
Pre-Medical
JG198 said:

if you want to take a bus from Manchester, look up the Vermont Transit schedule on-line. the trip takes about the same as a car, 1.5 hours.
went to Dartmouth undergrad. it awesome up there-enjoy hanover