1. Visit this thread to beta-test StudySchedule.org. StudySchedule is a free nonprofit site that builds dynamic MCAT study schedules unique for your needs and timeline.
Check out the new Application Assistant, where you can calculate your LizzyM score, see how you rank compared to other applicants, and see a list of schools where similar students were accepted.

How to increase my chance to a particular school?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by sharpieLIFE, Sep 25, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. sharpieLIFE

sharpieLIFE 2+ Year Member

Apr 9, 2012
    I've been particularly eyeing NYCOM as my #1 choice. Is there anything anyone can recommend that they really like to see in an applicant?

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. PlasticBag

PlasticBag 2+ Year Member

Aug 23, 2012
    It's just a guess on my part but shadowing and getting a letter from a NYCOM grad probably wouldn't hurt?

4. Awesome Sauceome

Awesome Sauceome SDN Gold Donor Gold Donor 2+ Year Member

Oct 30, 2013
    In a pine tree
    Maybe getting a letter from a grad as plastic mentioned..

Otherwise there is nothing you can do but live in the region/state to which you are applying to. That is still probably the best way to gain acceptance to a particular school. Regional/state bias can be outrageously strong for some schools.

5. sharpieLIFE

Apr 9, 2012
    Okay thank you! Anyone else care to share some input?

6. AlteredScale

AlteredScale SDN Moderator 2+ Year Member

May 10, 2013
    Step 1 Study Cave
    Hey OP try posting this on the school-specific thread for NYIT-COM. You can get in touch with a student who is there and they can give you more advice :)

7. sharpieLIFE

Apr 9, 2012
    Thanks!

AlteredScale likes this.