How to increase your COMLEX Level 1 score

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drcomlex

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Deleted post.

I was simply trying to share my testimony about what God did in my life & what I did to increase my comlex score by 230+ points.

The posts below are extremely rude & disrespectful. I refuse to be part of such negativity - especially when I was trying to do good.

GB.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Ah shoot, now I know why I didn't do so hot on Step 1. I was missing the big guy upstairs. Papa Bless.

(In seriousness though, I agree that practice questions are the key to scoring well).

Reactions: 1 users
“God, please ignore starving and dying children or disasters killing hundreds. Please focus your attention on my comlex and usmle score and this is the most important thing. Amen.”

Good advice diluted by the Jesus pitch. Probably will lose people at the first bit.

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone have an opinion on getting an older version of first aide for cheaper just for an initial pass? I’m a first year so I though maybe just a casual read now would be good, but I am SO POOR. Married with a bunch of kids, living on nothing but loans. Any thoughts on this?

First Aid doesn’t change THAT much year to year. I used a 2014 edition to study for the 2016 one and it was fine. I actually liked it because I could go online and check the errata, which wouldn’t have been as complete in the brand new edition. Don’t know if I’d go farther back than that, though.

Reactions: 1 user
Does anyone have an opinion on getting an older version of first aide for cheaper just for an initial pass? I’m a first year so I though maybe just a casual read now would be good, but I am SO POOR. Married with a bunch of kids, living on nothing but loans. Any thoughts on this?
I also bought one at the beginning of med school and then bought another one for my specific year. I ended up staying with the old one because it was already annotated and I was familiar with it. Get one now and just used that for board study time too. The changes weren’t really that much between the 2 years

I have the 2016 version of FA that I don't use at all. I will charge only $5 for the shipping cost if you need it.

Reactions: 1 user
The more questions you do + the harder you pray = the higher your score will go

Do you have data on this? What if I do more questions vs praying less? Or can i just pray and do less questions for the same results? Thoughts please

Reactions: 2 users
The more questions you do + the harder you pray = the higher your score will go

Do you have data on this? What if I do more questions vs praying less? Or can i just pray and do less questions for the same results? Thoughts please
What if I prayed, but to the wrong god lol?

Reactions: 1 users
“God, please ignore starving and dying children or disasters killing hundreds. Please focus your attention on my comlex and usmle score and this is the most important thing. Amen.”

Good advice diluted by the Jesus pitch. Probably will lose people at the first bit.
Why?! What’s wrong with a little Jesus?