How to let program know you're interested?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mjzoey

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.
Hope the matching process is going well for you.
Quick ? about how to let a program know that you are really intersted in their program. Should I call the PD of the program, e-mail him/her, write to him/her? Or if I e-mail the secretary person, do you think they will help me get in contact with the person in charge? I don't think I will have time to do any 2nd looks, so....
Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

E-mail the program director.

Based on my experience at several programs, they want to know if you want to come there. We as applicants are allowed to say "you are my top/#1 choice" to programs, they are not allowed to say anything of the like back, or to offer you a spot. Just don't tell more than one place they are your top choice. However there is nothing wrong with say, telling your top 3, that you are very interested in the program and would love to come there. you don't necessarily have to say exactly where you are ranking them.
Good luck

There are a couple discussions about this topic if you want to check them out under the "ERAS and The Match" heading. I bet you'll find a lot of helpful input there :)