How to make up for failing ochem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

tanglewood2020

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I dropped Ochem twice utilizing my school's "Covid drop," a drop reserved for special circumstances arising from the pandemic, because my National Guard unit was activated to assist with testing, treating etc. I was finally able to finish the course this summer, but I got a D. This looks like garbage. What do y'all recommend to "make up" for this poor performance, other than doing well on the retake, ochem 2, and biochem? Should I take additional chem classes? My GPA is otherwise good. Thanks!!

Members don't see this ad.

Chill. Orgo is the bane of many successful premed's existence. Just do well in the retake and move on. It's just one class, and it trips a lot of people up. You will be absolutely fine, and don't need to perform any extended acts of penance! :)

I dropped Ochem twice utilizing my school's "Covid drop," a drop reserved for special circumstances arising from the pandemic, because my National Guard unit was activated to assist with testing, treating etc. I was finally able to finish the course this summer, but I got a D. This looks like garbage. What do y'all recommend to "make up" for this poor performance, other than doing well on the retake, ochem 2, and biochem? Should I take additional chem classes? My GPA is otherwise good. Thanks!!
You should retake it and ace it.

Then do well in other coursework.

Reactions: 1 user