How to Prepare for Med School after 3 Gap Years

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MeredithGreyDO

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was fortunate to receive an acceptance this cycle at a DO medical school and am seeking advice on the best way to prepare for the start of classes in the fall. I finished my undergrad in 2016, and have spent my gap years teaching English abroad and traveling, and basically not studying or opening any textbooks at all. I would like to take the next couple of months to refresh my basic science and anatomy/phys knowledge, and was wondering if anyone knows of any books or prep materials other than mcat prep books?

I know many people say to spend the time before medical school relaxing and enjoying the last of your freedom, which I still plan to do, but I also want to make sure I feel like I’m back in the “school routine” before matriculation.

Thanks for the advice!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
If you have strong memorization skills, you should be fine. If you don't, med school will be an uphill battle during the first semester. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to prepare