How to prepare for new MCAT?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Phile98

perpetually worried about the road not taken...
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Since the MCAT format changed a little bit, how should we go about simulating the test for this year? All the resources available are based on the standard 7 hour duration? Anyone have any creative ideas?

Members don't see this ad.

I have heard several companies like NextStep are releasing shortened MCATs to allow for practice for the new temporary test being administered. Not sure exactly when they will be out, but I am guessing a lot of other companies will soon follow and release new practice!

Reactions: 1 user
I have heard several companies like NextStep are releasing shortened MCATs to allow for practice for the new temporary test being administered. Not sure exactly when they will be out, but I am guessing a lot of other companies will soon follow and release new practice!
Thank you for this. I was hoping some companies would do this.

Members don't see this ad :)
I believe Atlius is the only one right now with a shortened version of the exam. But you should still approach it the same way because the extra 5 questions can help with finding your strength and weakness.

You should prepare the same, as you would for the regular 7-hour long test. MCAT is scored with percentile. As long as the difficulty of the exam doesn't change (extremely easy to skew the population), your score should be the same.

Is it really that hard to stop after question 48 or at the 76 minute mark?

Not to be mean or anything, but I'd be way more concerned with the quality of the questions than the numbering and timing.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users