Phile98

perpetually worried about the road not taken...
2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2017
Since the MCAT format changed a little bit, how should we go about simulating the test for this year? All the resources available are based on the standard 7 hour duration? Anyone have any creative ideas?

ambitious.dr

May 12, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I have heard several companies like NextStep are releasing shortened MCATs to allow for practice for the new temporary test being administered. Not sure exactly when they will be out, but I am guessing a lot of other companies will soon follow and release new practice!

Reactions: 1 user

Phile98

perpetually worried about the road not taken...
2+ Year Member
Aug 6, 2017
I have heard several companies like NextStep are releasing shortened MCATs to allow for practice for the new temporary test being administered. Not sure exactly when they will be out, but I am guessing a lot of other companies will soon follow and release new practice!
Thank you for this. I was hoping some companies would do this.

About the Ads

I'mJustCurious

5+ Year Member
Mar 20, 2015
Library
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I believe Atlius is the only one right now with a shortened version of the exam. But you should still approach it the same way because the extra 5 questions can help with finding your strength and weakness.

JimKimSlim

Feb 5, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
You should prepare the same, as you would for the regular 7-hour long test. MCAT is scored with percentile. As long as the difficulty of the exam doesn't change (extremely easy to skew the population), your score should be the same.

PlsLetMeIn21

2+ Year Member
Dec 5, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Is it really that hard to stop after question 48 or at the 76 minute mark?

Not to be mean or anything, but I'd be way more concerned with the quality of the questions than the numbering and timing.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.