how to prepare for the physics section

xenomblack

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey guys,
I'm a pre-dent/pre-opt, and i'm going to take the Kaplan DAT course over the summer.
After taking the DAT in august, I was thinking about taking the OAT soon afterwards when the materials fresh in my mind.
But I have to cover the physics section by myself.
In terms of studying for that section, how long, and which book should I study with to get properly prepared???

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

xenomblack said:
hey guys,
I'm a pre-dent/pre-opt, and i'm going to take the Kaplan DAT course over the summer.
After taking the DAT in august, I was thinking about taking the OAT soon afterwards when the materials fresh in my mind.
But I have to cover the physics section by myself.
In terms of studying for that section, how long, and which book should I study with to get properly prepared???

Thanks

I used a princeton review MCAT book that I borrowed + the science workbook and did all of the multiple-choice homework problems for the class, basically set up a schedule modeling their class schedule...max two assigned sections in a day if I wasn't in class. They have well-written chapters and do all the example problems as you get to them. If you read all that stuff, the hw will just be repitition. You'll get your understanding from the examples/chapter. See if you can borrow the Physical Sciences Review book + Science HW book from a friend. I think it's the way to go. I got a 370 on my physics section. Good luck! I know you can do it, since you've practiced the DAT.