Orgo Section studying

optometryquestions

Reaction score
Hi all, I've been studying for orgo using mostly the OAT Destroyer book as well as Chad's videos. The problems in the Destroyer are for some reason, extremely difficult to me, such as the reaction questions that ask you to predict the product, etc. How should I study for the orgo section to be able to answer these practice problems?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all, I've been studying for orgo using mostly the OAT Destroyer book as well as Chad's videos. The problems in the Destroyer are for some reason, extremely difficult to me, such as the reaction questions that ask you to predict the product, etc. How should I study for the orgo section to be able to answer these practice problems?

Destroyer is unnecessarily difficult so dont get discouraged if ur not getting them all correct. I would get like 4/10 questions correct and thought I was gonna do so bad. I ended up scoring a 400/400. My biggest advice is to memorize the big reaction packet on bootcamps website its like 13 pages i think, know the difference between Para/Meta, the peaks for IR spectrum, SN1/SN2/E1/E2 reactions and then strong acids/bases and weak acid/bases. I made flashcards and repeatedly practiced them over and over as well as did reaction questions for them and eventually ull be able to recognize them so fast.

Reactions: 1 users
Destroyer is unnecessarily difficult so dont get discouraged if ur not getting them all correct. I would get like 4/10 questions correct and thought I was gonna do so bad. I ended up scoring a 400/400. My biggest advice is to memorize the big reaction packet on bootcamps website its like 13 pages i think, know the difference between Para/Meta, the peaks for IR spectrum, SN1/SN2/E1/E2 reactions and then strong acids/bases and weak acid/bases. I made flashcards and repeatedly practiced them over and over as well as did reaction questions for them and eventually ull be able to recognize them so fast.
Thank you! That's really uplifting, I was starting to get so worried about how bad I've been doing on those questions.

For the reaction packet, is this what you are referring to?

Thank you! That's really uplifting, I was starting to get so worried about how bad I've been doing on those questions.

For the reaction packet, is this what you are referring to?

Yes this packet, id say a good 1/3 of my orgo section was just reactions maybe even more

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is so helpful! I was wondering, for SN1/SN2/E1/E2 reactions, are you supposed to know how the electron pushing works, or will it just be more about identifying?

Thank you and congrats on your perfect score!

Reactions: 1 user
This is so helpful! I was wondering, for SN1/SN2/E1/E2 reactions, are you supposed to know how the electron pushing works, or will it just be more about identifying?

Thank you and congrats on your perfect score!

Thank you! Electron pushing is mostly shown in the intermediate steps of the mechanism and OAT usually asks for either the end product or starting material so technically in a way u would need to know whats attacking where but answering your question id say more just identifying which reaction type is occurring

Reactions: 2 users