How to regain motivation to study?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
N

NP545

At the beginning of last year, I felt motivated to study and did really well. I kept up with the material and was determined.

As second semester rolled along and through the end of it, I just lost all motivation (though I still did equally well). The classes were the same difficulty but I never felt as motivated as I did first semester to study. I remember for finals, I put in like 1 hour per subject to study 2nd semester (still good grades somehow). First semester, I actually studied normally and put enough time for each final whereas 2nd semester I just dropped in motivation. No burnouts either semester or anything.

This next year is about to start, and I want to know how I can regain my motivation. Have any of you been in a similar situation and how can I prevent this lack of motivation from occurring?

Members don't see this ad.

At the beginning of last year, I felt motivated to study and did really well. I kept up with the material and was determined.

As second semester rolled along and through the end of it, I just lost all motivation (though I still did equally well). The classes were the same difficulty but I never felt as motivated as I did first semester to study. I remember for finals, I put in like 1 hour per subject to study 2nd semester (still good grades somehow). First semester, I actually studied normally and put enough time for each final whereas 2nd semester I just dropped in motivation. No burnouts either semester or anything.

This next year is about to start, and I want to know how I can regain my motivation. Have any of you been in a similar situation and how can I prevent this lack of motivation from occurring?
I was only motivated when I crashed my sophomore year. Then I started studying without bathing, eating, and adequately sleeping to bring my GPA back to an acceptable level.

I'm not saying you should fail though! I'm just speaking from my experience.

As for you, I would say... Don't study more than you need to. : ' D
Courses will get harder, and you will find yourself naturally engaged in longer study periods. At least that's what I'm hoping for.

Stay hungry, and remember that every semester is a marathon, not a sprint.

My motivation definitely began to pewter out once finals started to roll around. What kept me going was that feeling of accomplishment and relief when you hit break and know your finals and classes all went well, and you can finally relax.

Reactions: 1 user