StayhomePT

Aug 7, 2017
I want to ask you guys on how to respond when people ask you "What do you do for a living?"

I seem to have trouble answering this question since I'm not currently employed, but I'm a licensed PT. I'm currently looking for a job and until I get one, this question always seem to catch me off guard. I can't say I just graduated PT school because that was years ago and it took me multiple attempts to pass the NPTE.

D

deleted480308

I want to ask you guys on how to respond when people ask you "What do you do for a living?"

I seem to have trouble answering this question since I'm not currently employed, but I'm a licensed PT. I'm currently looking for a job and until I get one, this question always seem to catch me off guard. I can't say I just graduated PT school because that was years ago and it took me multiple attempts to pass the NPTE.
You don't do anything for a living if you are unemployed. "I'm looking for work"

Reactions: 1 users

truthseeker

15+ Year Member
Sep 2, 2004
Status (Visible)
I tell people that I am a physical therapist. We work with people in pain and help them eliminate, decrease, or manage their pain. we also work with . . . the list goes on. You could say that you are an expert in movement disorders, physical performance enhancement etc . . . whatever your current position happens to look like.

Reactions: 1 user
About the Ads

Doc-PT

2+ Year Member
Jul 13, 2017
I passed my national boards so I can happily say I'm a licensed Doctor of Physical Therapy. Currently, I'm in the negotiating phase of interviews but, after the specifics have been hammered out, ill be working in an outpatient/inpatient setting with mainly [take your pick of patient populations].

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.