How to review Pathoma

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Erythropoietin

EPO
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
After watching the videos and taking notes on the book, how do you actually go back and review/memorize it?

For example, let's say you're reviewing hereditary spherocytosis. Do you just look at the title, cover the text, and just try to think/speak outloud about the main pathology, symptoms, histology, treatment, etc...and then look at the text to see what you missed?

I usually recall the main problem about a disease, but I get stuck afterwards..It's something like:
"Allright, HS is an inherited defect of RBC cytoskeleton...so you lose the normal disc shape and end up with spherocytes...not good for the spleen so the macrophages consume it and you end up with anemia. Treatment is splenectomy, etc."

Then I look at the text and realize missing some stuff, like: diagnosis is osmotic fragility test, increased risk for B19 infection and bilirubin gallstones etc.

This was just an example but this is how I miss UWorld questions, by not remembering the details. How should I approach each disease? Do you guys use some sort of question algoritm? or just keep reading it passively?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Watch the videos again at a higher speed. And it's essential (at least for me) to do practice questions/Qbanks as a way to actively study things