how to say thank you...

Started by cateyes
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

cateyes

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've worked at the same animal hospital on and off for 6 years, and I've grown pretty close with the two vets in the practice. I wanted to get them a thank you gift for helping me throughout the years, but I wasn't quite sure what to get them. Any ideas?
 
The vet that I did the majority of my shadowing with was also in charge of the local rural fire and rescue. He also owned Dalmatians. He wrote me a nice letter of rec, so I found this fleece panel and made one of those nifty fleece tie blankets:

firedeptif3.jpg


Not too expensive and not real hard, just took some time to make. I think he really liked it! Another option might be to get them a hat, t-shirt, or mug or something from their vet school alma mater?
 
What about a gift certificate to a nice restaurant? Or those edible arrangements or have lunch delivered for everyone?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Where I worked there were two of us leaving for school, so we both chipped in and got down vests and had them embroidered with the clinic name and logo. They turned out really nice and the docs loved them!
 
Check this website out www.cafepress.com . You can find tshirts, hoodies, hats, mugs with neat things written on them that relate to veterinary medicine.
 
I'm a baker, so for my vets/LOR writers I made a batch of their favorite desserts. White chocolate raspberry cheesecake, handmade chocolate truffles, blackberry scones, etc etc. And a nice thank you card.
 
If people are looking for personalized gift ideas, I have to put in a plug for the company my fiance works for. www.customink.com You can order personalized t-shirts (sweatshirts, mugs, drink koozies, etc.) one at a time or in larger batches. Kinda like cafepress, but you can write or print whatever you want on them. Plus they have a cool interactive lab online where you can play with designs. If anyone's interested, I have a small discount code, too. I'll happily supply via PM. 🙂 Yay personalized gifts!