How to send an additional letter of recommendation to DO schools when the application is complete

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lazybutt26

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

So as of today, all the DO schools I've applied to have sent me emails letting me know that my file with them is complete after receiving the primary from AACOMAS, secondary application submitted by me, MCAT score and the letter of recommendation letters via AACOMAS. One of the physicians I shadowed recently, however, decided to write me a letter of recommendation letter and it's now available! She uploaded the letter to Interfolio. I was wondering if anyone can advise on how to send this additional LOR to the DO schools?

1) Do I send the letter to each individual school's admin office from Interfolio? This could potentially cost me some money because now Interfolio charges per delivery

2) Do I send the letter from Interfolio to AACOMAS and then they somehow send it to the schools I'd applied to? This seems less likely, since they've already done their job of delivering the primaries, and I feel like they're gonna be like "what's this girl doing over here LOL"

Could someone confirm or advise?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi all,

So as of today, all the DO schools I've applied to have sent me emails letting me know that my file with them is complete after receiving the primary from AACOMAS, secondary application submitted by me, MCAT score and the letter of recommendation letters via AACOMAS. One of the physicians I shadowed recently, however, decided to write me a letter of recommendation letter and it's now available! She uploaded the letter to Interfolio. I was wondering if anyone can advise on how to send this additional LOR to the DO schools?

1) Do I send the letter to each individual school's admin office from Interfolio? This could potentially cost me some money because now Interfolio charges per delivery

2) Do I send the letter from Interfolio to AACOMAS and then they somehow send it to the schools I'd applied to? This seems less likely, since they've already done their job of delivering the primaries, and I feel like they're gonna be like "what's this girl doing over here LOL"

Could someone confirm or advise?

Thanks!

You can do either. AACOMAS does forward additional letters to your schools. I added a LOR late and they sent it.

Reactions: 1 user
Just know that it may not be seen if you have already been reviewed. Some schools just do not have the time to go back and review more information with all the new apps being received.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can do either. AACOMAS does forward additional letters to your schools. I added a LOR late and they sent it.

Awesome! Thanks for letting me know. I think it’s easier to send it to AACOMAS from Interfolio so that way it’s just one letter delivery

Just know that it may not be seen if you have already been reviewed. Some schools just do not have the time to go back and review more information with all the new apps being received.

Thanks. Good to know. It’s been a week since I got the complete email so I think it’s worth trying

Once the AACOMAS receive the new letter, do they automatically update that to schools even after sending the primaries to them already? I just wanna make sure that the school actually gets the updated letter

Once the AACOMAS receive the new letter, do they automatically update that to schools even after sending the primaries to them already? I just wanna make sure that the school actually gets the updated letter

yep