How to set up NPI, CURES accounts?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lilquack

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone know how to set up NPI and CURES accounts? I tried but it seems I need my license# and still waiting for BOP for it (BOP said w/n 10 business days right?). How long after passing CPJE and Naplex, does it really take bop to update their website?

Also when trying to fill out NPI, the site was asking about business practice location and mailing address (do I put the company I will work for?). There's also a page asking, "Please Enter All Other Provider Identifiers (Medicare UPIN, Medicare PIN, Medicare OSCAR/Certification, Medicare NSC, Medicaid, and Other): (i have no idea what to put there).

Just wondering what you guys have put. I have asked another Rph I know but they said they had someone who did it for them (probably higher management?).

I realize I need to set up NPI and CURES so I can give vaccinations and look up C2's.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

NPI: leave those blank and put whatever address you want.

Reactions: 1 user
If you can register for SDN, you can figure out how to get an NPI # and a CURES account.

That said, don't put your real life living address (or that of your parents/guardians). NPI data gets tossed around the web and incorporated into 3rd party sites and you'll make it too easy for someone to find you. Use a PMB or something. I only use my real address for property taxes and when a bank bugs me for a real address after I try to sneak in my PMB.

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Also, DO NOT put your phone number on this. Make up a number or try to leave it blank. My old cell phone was used, and it's still getting calls from that time period. And put the mail address to be your business (even if personal).

If you can register for SDN, you can figure out how to get an NPI # and a CURES account.

Jeez that's a bit harsh. I know how to set it up but don't want to set it up wrong. I didn't think asking a question from fellow peers would result in that sort of comment. We are all here to help each other. No question is a dumb one.

With that said thank you for responses because I would not have known to not put down my actual address or phone number.

you do not need NPI to administer vaccines. But you do need it to prescribe one (without a protocol) --- which CA announced they have allowed recently:

"The California State Board of Pharmacy announces a new regulation that allows pharmacists to initiate or administer vaccines.
For years, California pharmacists have been authorized to provide vaccines to patients under written protocols developed with a prescriber. The new regulation allows pharmacists with specified training to provide vaccines on their own authority."

Jeez that's a bit harsh. I know how to set it up but don't want to set it up wrong. I didn't think asking a question from fellow peers would result in that sort of comment. We are all here to help each other. No question is a dumb one.

With that said thank you for responses because I would not have known to not put down my actual address or phone number.

That wasn't even close to being harsh. Skin needs thickening.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app