How to set up your resume

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

markelmarcel

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So, I'm thinking of applying for a position within my current company, but want to send an updated resume with the letter of interest. Prior to this, I didn't have any experience as I was a new grad, but I've now been working, so that's changed. Currently, my resume is set up like a new grad (education, clinical experiences, prior work experience [from my previous career prior to PT]). So, do I just add in my 8-ish months of PT work experience and scrap all the other prior non-PT jobs I've held?

Suggestions on how to best update would be appreciated. 🙂
 
I added my PT work experience to the top. I'd scrap all previous work experience unless it's applicable to PT or the setting/position you are applying for. If previous jobs make you a stronger PT candidate, keep them. So drop things like retail and waitressing if they're still there, but consider keeping things like research, teaching, personal training, PT aide, etc. Just keep that section concise, since it's not the focus moving forward.