How to start collecting letters of recommendation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ua2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm applying this cycle and I want to turn in my application as early as possible in June. How do I start collecting letters of rec before then? Do they submit there letters through AMCAS? Do they email them to me to submit through AMCAS? How does this work?

Thank you!

Members don't see this ad.

2 options.

1. ask your LOR writers now and tell them you can mail them (or upload electronically) directly to AMCAS when the 2013 cycle opens. (i don't think you can upload it before the cycle opens).

make sure they include your AAMC ID in their letters (the same as your MCAT).

2. use a paid service like interfolio. they upload it or mail it to interfolio. then you pay interfolio to upload it to AMCAS when the application opens.

2 options.

1. ask your LOR writers now and tell them you can mail them (or upload electronically) directly to AMCAS when the 2013 cycle opens. (i don't think you can upload it before the cycle opens).

make sure they include your AAMC ID in their letters (the same as your MCAT).

2. use a paid service like interfolio. they upload it or mail it to interfolio. then you pay interfolio to upload it to AMCAS when the application opens.

what if our school has a health professions office that stores letters, that would be a viable 3rd option right?

Members don't see this ad :)
what if our school has a health professions office that stores letters, that would be a viable 3rd option right?

Yes that would be even better. If your school has a letter service, then inquire there too.

Yes I am using my school LOR service because my professors preferred it because it is right on campus and they can just mail it easily.