How to study Anki cards in order?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bme94

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
OMS-I here. I've made some Anki cards, but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to review the cards in order by which they were created. Can someone help?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

That's because it is a spaced repetition system. It's not going to show you cards that you marked as 'Easy' until the next day. It is going to continue showing you cards you marked as 'Again' until you learn them. I don't think there is a way to make them go in exact order of creation. If you're looking for that type of system you might want to try Quizlet or Flashcard machine.

Reactions: 1 user
Reviewing cards according to the algorithm is more beneficial than reviewing cards in the order in which you created them anyways, IMO. If you go through the exact same sequence of cards multiple times, you can start relying too much on pattern recognition rather than actually understanding the concepts.

I'm not a huge user of flashcards, but when I do use Anki, I review cards from every subject integrated into one deck. This helps ensure I'm actually grasping the concept behind each card rather than memorizing the order the cards pop up on the screen and thus relying on previous cards to help me figure out certain answers.

Reactions: 1 users
if you really want to study it in the order you made it, click the deck --> custom study (bottom of the screen) --> study by card state or tag --> new cards only

note that if you use it this way, itll be just like using normal flashcards and the spaced repetition system wont work (or be affected)