How to study for PCAT Chem?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blkpharmer

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello SDN nation,

I am taking the PCAT in June and I want to start familiarizing myself with the material, but I really do not know about the chem section. What should I focus on? What are the main topics in the chem section that I should know?

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks for the help. Im gonna start reading lightly in Jan, Feb and Mar., but come Apr, Im going into beast mode and hopefully Ill be ready for June.

I agree with chemnerd98. As long as you have taken Gen Chem 1&2 and Organic 1 and take as many practice exams as you can, you should be able to handle this section. I just took my exam yesterday... Unfortunately, I forgot some of gen chem concepts, despite the fact that I am a Chemistry major. Taking upper level chemistry courses would also enhance your chemistry knowledge, especially Quantitative Analysis and Physical Chemistry I. However, most of these courses are time consuming. Do what's best for you :) Good luck!