How to successfully prepare for an interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HappyPerson

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I got an interview at my top choice medical school. Interview is 30 min with a medical student and 8 MMI stations. I bought Dr. Grey's interview prep book. Bought a mock interview with prep questions with a prep program, and I'm looking around online for anything else that can help me with my interview this week. I would appreciate any help, advice, or tips on how I can better prepare for my interview.

Thank you very much!

Members don't see this ad.

Great accumulating those resources. Now, who are you practicing with? Virtual only?

You could have saved money if you used your career services office, but if you don't have one, that's okay. We have a ton of articles that should give you advice. What are you worried about specifically?

Reactions: 1 user
Great accumulating those resources. Now, who are you practicing with? Virtual only?

You could have saved money if you used your career services office, but if you don't have one, that's okay. We have a ton of articles that should give you advice. What are you worried about specifically?
Thank you very much for the reply. I bought a medical school interview prep session for $200 from MotivateMD. It is virtual. My career services office isn't currently offering help unfortunately. I am primarily worried about the MMI's. I have never done MMI before and it scares me if I am honest. I would appreciate any help regarding how to deal with MMI's, I am watching videos, and I'm actively looking for resources to help me, but I was wondering if there is anything specific I should know before this weeks interview.

I appreciate it!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello,

I got an interview at my top choice medical school. Interview is 30 min with a medical student and 8 MMI stations. I bought Dr. Grey's interview prep book. Bought a mock interview with prep questions with a prep program, and I'm looking around online for anything else that can help me with my interview this week. I would appreciate any help, advice, or tips on how I can better prepare for my interview.

Thank you very much!
Read this:

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Interview Feedback List | Student Doctor Network contains some of the questions that have been asked during prior interviews at each school.

Reactions: 1 users
Do the things recommended here by others in the know. Listen to sage advice.

Do mock interviews with multiple different people. Get their feedback.

Have people nitpick your application. Anything weird, different, or inconsistent needs to be addressed in your prep.

Practice. Record yourself, video and audio. Do you look and sound confident? Fake it until you make it if you have to.

Relax and enjoy the experience!

For MMI, be prepared to talk about all possible points of view. There isn’t one “right” answer, it’s more an evaluation of your thought process and your communication skills. If you are open, interested, and enthusiastic, you should do well.