How to take it???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteadyEddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
One day after my last interview, the chair of the surgery department made arrangements for me to talk with the Pediatric surgery chief. They have subsequently invited me back to check out the Pediatric Surgery department (as that is my future goal). They also wanted me to bring my wife and are going to make arrangements for her to speak with a realtor in the area. Question is, should I take this as a sign...or are they just blowing smoke? I am thinking of telling them that I will rank them #1. Looking forward to your responses :rolleyes:

SE

Members don't see this ad.

If you want them to change their ranking of you (since you're considering telling them of your ranking), you'd better do it quickly! Deadline is tomorrow. :)

SteadyEddy said:
One day after my last interview, the chair of the surgery department made arrangements for me to talk with the Pediatric surgery chief. They have subsequently invited me back to check out the Pediatric Surgery department (as that is my future goal). They also wanted me to bring my wife and are going to make arrangements for her to speak with a realtor in the area. Question is, should I take this as a sign...or are they just blowing smoke? I am thinking of telling them that I will rank them #1. Looking forward to your responses :rolleyes:

If you are going to rank them number 1, then do it and go ahead and tell them. If you like the program then consider ranking them number one, but don't rank them first simply because they are catering to you. I have had several programs try the same stuff with me (hunting down different surgeons in my desired field, chatting up the city over the phone to my girlfriend, inviting me back for second looks, etc...), and I never took it as something unique to me. If they paid for you to come back, I would take that as a stronger indication than if not, but that is the only thing I would really consider out of the ordinary. Sorry.

As an aside, chances are their rank list is already submitted, so it is probably a moot point at this time if you tell them.

SteadyEddy said:

SE

THis program is likely very interested in you. Inviting you back for a second look, and making arrangements for your wife to speak with a realtor are two actions that are... atypical.

As for telling them that they are #1. If it is true, it won't hurt. However at this late date it is unlikely to change your position on their rank list. Though that shouldn't concern you since you are likely already very high on their list.

good luck.