How to thank physician for shadowing

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FiletFrenzy

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I recently shadowed a physician over the course of a month or so, just doing a couple of hours each morning around twice a week. It was a great experience and I very much appreciated him taking the time to do this. What is an appropriate way to thank a physician for shadowing? I'm not looking for a LOR or anything of the like, just want him to know I was very grateful for the experience he provided.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone!
I recently shadowed a physician over the course of a month or so, just doing a couple of hours each morning around twice a week. It was a great experience and I very much appreciated him taking the time to do this. What is an appropriate way to thank a physician for shadowing? I'm not looking for a LOR or anything of the like, just want him to know I was very grateful for the experience he provided.

i sent emails to the physicians I shadowed. I was advised to either send emails or physical thank you cards in the mail. I also was suggested to bake a pie and attach a note and drop it off at their office for them, but I thought that might be over the top.

Reactions: 1 user
I’ve always gone with an email or handwritten card!

Reactions: 1 user