how to transfer into rutgers

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

saranghee820

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi I was wondering how hard it is to transfer to rutgers

Members don't see this ad.

Rutgers is a 0-6 Pharmacy school so the number of seats available for students transferring into the 1st professional year vary from year to year. The best thing you can do is be a solid applicant.

Rutgers is a 0-6 Pharmacy school so the number of seats available for students transferring into the 1st professional year vary from year to year. The best thing you can do is be a solid applicant.

hey i just called them..
they said they do not have program where pre-pharmacy students are guaranteed admission into pharmacy admission..
but they start interviewing in MAY..
woww...so i think they do have seats for such students who keep their minimum gpas....anyone have more information?

Members don't see this ad :)
I've spoken with the Rutgers pharmacy admissions team at length. They do accept transfer students but the number of seats vary year to year. They tend to keep most seats for the students in the pharmacy program. If the students decided to leave or can't keep the gpa, the seat is then given to a transfer. The transfer student can been someone in another Rutgers college or from an entirely different university.

I suggest you visit one of their open houses. They go through these types of questions there.

I actually am a P1 at Rutgers who applied in as a transfer. The way the 0+6 works is, in fact, that the only requirement to from pre-professional to P1 is to meet the minimum GPA (there is also an interview, but that is more of a formality).

As a transfer, the number of seats available depends how many people don't make the minimum GPA or decide to leave the program for other reasons. Everything FireyDragon (above) said is 100% correct.

Degree is not required, but it does help your chances. My transfer class has both degree-holders and non-degree holders. PCAT is also recommended if you are a transfer applicant. To give you an idea, this year they accepted about 30 transfers. The year before, only 10-15, I think.

My advice would be just be the best applicant you can be, make sure you follow their prereq requirements, and apply to other schools as well. I've heard stories of transfer applicants with 4.0s get rejected... so nothing's guaranteed. It's the nature of the game.

I actually am a P1 at Rutgers who applied in as a transfer. The way the 0+6 works is, in fact, that the only requirement to from pre-professional to P1 is to meet the minimum GPA (there is also an interview, but that is more of a formality).

As a transfer, the number of seats available depends how many people don't make the minimum GPA or decide to leave the program for other reasons. Everything FireyDragon (above) said is 100% correct.

Degree is not required, but it does help your chances. My transfer class has both degree-holders and non-degree holders. PCAT is also recommended if you are a transfer applicant. To give you an idea, this year they accepted about 30 transfers. The year before, only 10-15, I think.

My advice would be just be the best applicant you can be, make sure you follow their prereq requirements, and apply to other schools as well. I've heard stories of transfer applicants with 4.0s get rejected... so nothing's guaranteed. It's the nature of the game.

Who are you???
I am at Rutgers too, P1 (class of 2012)!!!
So we are in the same class btw I am Jigar idk if you know me or not...

When do they call for interviews? March?

If you're a school-to-school transfer they'll contact you at the end of May-beginning of June time period. I'm not entirely sure about external transfers. I would guess middle of April, but I think JSGANDHI could answer that one better since I was a school-to-school.

If you're a school-to-school transfer they'll contact you at the end of May-beginning of June time period. I'm not entirely sure about external transfers. I would guess middle of April, but I think JSGANDHI could answer that one better since I was a school-to-school.

If u dont mind me asking, what year were u in when u applied as school-to-school transfer and what were ur stats?