1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

how to update with fall grades?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by justapremed, Dec 24, 2008.

1. justapremed

2+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    would it be ok to send in fall grade updates by listing my grades in the body of an email? it would be slow and pricey to send official transcripts from my institution and also a much bigger hassle... :confused:

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. ODorDO

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    good question

bump.

4. TooMuchResearch

TooMuchResearch i'm goin' to Kathmandu...
    Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think this has been recently discussed. If I recall correctly, check school websites for information on how to update. Some might require official transcripts, others may accept unofficial copies, and many may not want anything until the summer before you matriculate.

5. bnleong

7+ Year Member

Pre-Dental
    LOL When I first clicked on this I thought it said "How to update on failing grades".

6. mmmcdowe

mmmcdowe Duke of minimal vowels
    Moderator Physician Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Personally, I don't think Fall grades make a huge difference, especially if you have an interview already. I know some schools will request your transcript, but the only cases that I have heard of this is pre-interview.

7. gopher22

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Did you get a GPA boost? If so, just list the new GPA. If not, don't bother because it's assumed you maintain your level of work in your sr. year.

You probably don't want to send more than one update letter to each school--imagine the committee sitting down to review your application and has to read multiple supplemental letters.

Thus, utilize your update letter wisely. You should use it to describe new experiences and address any weaknesses in your application.

8. 45408

45408 aw buddy
    7+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Unless you did really well or have been doing something new, don't bother. When I applied, I sent one update to a school that hadn't sent its decision yet. I'd gotten a 4.0 that fall, so I sent an e-mail saying that I was still very interested in the school, and here's an update on what I've been doing.

If you didn't do so well, you could just send an e-mail saying you're still very interested.