How to use Interfolio?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

songl4a

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hello, question on using Interfolio:

I just signed up for a year and plan to ask a physician to write a letter (for some DO schools and maybe a supplemental letter at some MD). How do I go about doing this? On the Interfolio website, I see that you can prompt to request a letter and then put in the writer's information including email. Before I do this and formally ask the letter-writer, is there anything I need to print and give to them? Do they simply receive an email with instructions to upload to Interfolio?

I'll only be using Interfolio for this one letter since my other LORs go straight to the committee who compile it into the typical packet (they don't send out individual letters).

Thanks!

1) Prompt request letter. You do not to give them anything in paper. You may choose to request a hard or digital copy. The former must be sent to Interfolios main site in D.C. Be sure to agree to the confidentiality agreement stating that upon submission of the letter, the requester cannot open or read the letter.

2) Be sure to email them separately and state that you want to confirm they receive the Interfolio request just to be sure communication is there.

3) Don't forget the thank you letter/email upon receiving the letter.

Best of luck!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Thanks a lot for the reply! After some probing through their FAQ, I saw what you're talking about. I simply prompt a request, fill in their information, and then receive an email invitation with instructions. I also have a chance to upload supplemental material and even write a message through interfolio.

Thanks!

You got it! Yep, Interfolio is great!

Good luck and feel free to PM me for any other questions!