Sep 12, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
I have graduated from high school and I want to study Medicine in Istanbul, Turkey
for some reasons:
1- tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses will be free.
2-Education in Turkey has a good reputation.
3- my family isn't rich.

But the language of study at university will be Turkish. I want to know how I can work in Canada if I learn all subjects in Turkish. I don't mean how to communicate with patients only? I mean how to be in a medical environment and deal with all the staff at hospitals using medical terminologies which I will have studied them in Turkish? How I can overcome this obstacle and be able to work in Canada. Are there certain procedures or courses to enable me and qualify me to work as a general doctor in Canada?

bearded frog

7+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2014
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
Generally, you will have to do residency in US or Canada to practice in Canada. You need to be a Canadian citizen or PR to do residency in Canada.

About the Ads

yuldin

2+ Year Member
Sep 11, 2016
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
To add onto this, if you don't have a PR/Canadian citizenship, then how would you go about practicing in Canada? Would you have to do your residency in the US instead?

About the Ads
This thread is more than 3 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.