how to work in Canada if I will study medicine in Turkey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dr. Noura

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have graduated from high school and I want to study Medicine in Istanbul, Turkey
for some reasons:
1- tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses will be free.
2-Education in Turkey has a good reputation.
3- my family isn't rich.

But the language of study at university will be Turkish. I want to know how I can work in Canada if I learn all subjects in Turkish. I don't mean how to communicate with patients only? I mean how to be in a medical environment and deal with all the staff at hospitals using medical terminologies which I will have studied them in Turkish? How I can overcome this obstacle and be able to work in Canada. Are there certain procedures or courses to enable me and qualify me to work as a general doctor in Canada?
 
Generally, you will have to do residency in US or Canada to practice in Canada. You need to be a Canadian citizen or PR to do residency in Canada.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
To add onto this, if you don't have a PR/Canadian citizenship, then how would you go about practicing in Canada? Would you have to do your residency in the US instead?