SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

how to work in Canada if I will study medicine in Turkey

Discussion in 'Canada' started by Dr. Noura, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Dr. Noura

Dr. Noura

Sep 12, 2017
    I have graduated from high school and I want to study Medicine in Istanbul, Turkey
    for some reasons:
    1- tuition fees, accommodation and living expenses will be free.
    2-Education in Turkey has a good reputation.
    3- my family isn't rich.

But the language of study at university will be Turkish. I want to know how I can work in Canada if I learn all subjects in Turkish. I don't mean how to communicate with patients only? I mean how to be in a medical environment and deal with all the staff at hospitals using medical terminologies which I will have studied them in Turkish? How I can overcome this obstacle and be able to work in Canada. Are there certain procedures or courses to enable me and qualify me to work as a general doctor in Canada?
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Dr. Noura

Dr. Noura

Sep 12, 2017
    Can anyone help me and give me some answers ?
  4. bearded frog

bearded frog 2+ Year Member

Feb 24, 2014
    Generally, you will have to do residency in US or Canada to practice in Canada. You need to be a Canadian citizen or PR to do residency in Canada.
  5. yuldin

Sep 11, 2016
    To add onto this, if you don't have a PR/Canadian citizenship, then how would you go about practicing in Canada? Would you have to do your residency in the US instead?
  6. DanielLee5

Jun 5, 2017
    Yes, I agree
    nadynn likes this.