Medical How to write email to medical school Dean?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSpursGo

SDN Chief Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello, I have some connections with the Dean of a medical school I interviewed at (MD school).

My sister knows the Dean well (she was in his study group, and did a mock interview with him. He also helped her get into a residency she wanted). She also knows the Dean of Admissions quite well (rotated under him, and did a research project with him).

My dad is a doctor at the same medical school, and knows the Dean for over a decade (not a close friend or anything, but as a colleague).

I also met the Dean a few years ago, and he told me to do an SMP and get good grades (which I did). He spoke with me after my dad told him I was applying.

I want to write a letter to the Dean. How do I go about this? Would you advise this as a good idea? I would like to mention my interest in the school, as well as my connections.

Thank you so much for your kind help and advice.
I wouldn't do this. You have basically massaged all of your connections at this point, your dad spoke with the dean on your behalf, and you spoke directly with the dean. The dean is clearly aware of your connections, and either they will help you or they won't. Writing just to remind of him something he already knows would just come off as pushy, IMO.

Members don't see this ad.

Thank you for your kind advice, you and everyone else. Yes, it is a state school.

I am not sure why my dad told me to email the Dean, I am so glad I asked all of you.
because out of love and ignorance your dad is trying his best to sabotage your medical career.

Don't listen to him, listen to the good admissions committee members here on studentdoctor.net

Status
Not open for further replies.