RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
*EDIT #2: Clarification - the two classes were taken in my high school, as part of my high school curriculum, and also awarded me college credit. I was required to send transcripts from the community college that awarded me credit. This credit was accepted at my current college institution so I initially did not think transcripts were required. This is different from just taking like AP biology or something. I apologize for any confusion and worry this has caused for anyone!

p.s. I sent the transcript immediately and my app was verified right when they received it (~4 days post transcript issue email), so if this does happen to anyone, don't worry. Your application will likely NOT be put in the back of the line to be verified (4-6 more weeks). Unless I just got lucky.
The hiccup... : Forgot to send my transcripts for the 2 AP classes I took in high school. Was told that since my school accepted them as credit - into their institution - that I didn't need to send any other transcripts. It's my fault though, I should have looked into it.

Submitted my app on July 17th. Would have been verified today. Received the transcript issue email this morning.

Figured everything out with the college and my transcripts will be delivered to AMCAS on Monday or Tuesday. I am afraid that I will have to wait another 4-6 weeks to be verified.. does anyone have experience or knowledge on this issue?

Edit: confirmation that AMCAS will have my transcripts on Monday before lunch time. Do you think it's at all possible that they will verify quicker b/c of quick turnaround and since I was put on hold? (already waited 4 weeks)

How will this affect my chances at interviews? I already have a couple secondaries pre-written, what if I pre-write all of them and submit as soon as I'm verified?

Last edited:

gyngyn

Staff member
Administrator
Lifetime Donor
7+ Year Member
Nov 4, 2011
Status
Attending Physician
Keep working on secondaries.
Even four more weeks will be fine.
At least you found out early enough to correct the error without serious consequences.

Reactions: Goro
Oct 13, 2015
Status
Pre-Medical
@gyngyn Why would this even be a problem? AP classes are not actual college classes themselves. The AP test is what gives the college credit.

About the Ads
OP
RxMeds

RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
@gyngyn thank you for the reassurance. It is great to hear that from someone with your credentials. @LoveBeingHuman:) I think it's a little odd too, seeing as the credit was accepted by my college that I have been at for 3 years now. I would assume (and so did several others I spoke to) that sending my 3 year institution's transcript with the accepted credit would be sufficient. I guess not. Hopefully other people see this thread in the future and do not make the same mistake!

OP
RxMeds

RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
Wait do you have to submit transcripts for AP and IB credit? What if my high school is no longer in existence...
I got credit for two classes from a community college in my hometown: Public Speaking, and Advanced Composition. The composition class covered my freshman english req. AMCAS is requesting my transcripts from this school. So, yes, I would be safe and send absolutely all transcripts so your application doesn't get put on hold like mine.

Longshot6

5+ Year Member
Oct 8, 2013
Library
Status
Pre-Medical
I got credit for two classes from a community college in my hometown: Public Speaking, and Advanced Composition. The composition class covered my freshman english req. AMCAS is requesting my transcripts from this school. So, yes, I would be safe and send absolutely all transcripts so your application doesn't get put on hold like mine.
This is not AP credit. This is a COLLEGE class that you took while you were in high school. Thank you for the heart attack you gave me.

Dox4lyfe

2+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2017
The hiccup... : Forgot to send my transcripts for the 2 AP classes I took in high school. Was told that since my school accepted them as credit - into their institution - that I didn't need to send any other transcripts. It's my fault though, I should have looked into it.

Submitted my app on July 17th. Would have been verified today. Received the transcript issue email this morning.

Figured everything out with the college and my transcripts will be delivered to AMCAS on Monday or Tuesday. I am afraid that I will have to wait another 4-6 weeks to be verified.. does anyone have experience or knowledge on this issue?

Edit: confirmation that AMCAS will have my transcripts on Monday before lunch time. Do you think it's at all possible that they will verify quicker b/c of quick turnaround and since I was put on hold? (already waited 4 weeks)

How will this affect my chances at interviews? I already have a couple secondaries pre-written, what if I pre-write all of them and submit as soon as I'm verified?

If at all helpful: GPA: 3.97, MCAT: 509
Was the awarded AP credit not noted on your college transcript? What additional transcript did they need?

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
I got credit for two classes from a community college in my hometown: Public Speaking, and Advanced Composition. The composition class covered my freshman english req. AMCAS is requesting my transcripts from this school.
This is not AP credit. This is a COLLEGE class that you took while you were in high school.
@QDS95
Maybe you could edit your initial post so others reading it won't be misled. AMCAS instructions are clear that an original transcript must be submitted from every post-HS institution. I'm sorry your verification will be delayed, but appreciate that you posted a warning.

cossackdoc

2+ Year Member
Dec 28, 2016
Status
Pre-Medical
Wait do you have to submit transcripts for AP and IB credit? What if my high school is no longer in existence...
I think that in such a situation there will be a custodian of records somewhere; at the district level, state board of education, etc...

gonnif

Only 342 Days Until Next Presidential Election
Lifetime Donor
10+ Year Member
Jul 26, 2009
The Big Bad Apple
Status
Non-Student
after reading this thread I think clarification is needed for future readers

for AP classes, you are not required to provide high school transcripts where you took the class; you are required to provide transcripts from the college that awarded you credit for AP

Reactions: AttemptingScholar
About the Ads
OP
RxMeds

RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
This is not AP credit. This is a COLLEGE class that you took while you were in high school. Thank you for the heart attack you gave me.
I took the classes at my high school as part of my high school curriculum, apologies if I scared you and anyone else! I will update the initial thread.

Reactions: Longshot6
OP
RxMeds

RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
Was the awarded AP credit not noted on your college transcript? What additional transcript did they need?
The credit was awarded on my college transcript. They were college classes I took in my high school as part of my high school curriculum that also awarded me college credit. The transcript they required was that from the community college.

OP
RxMeds

RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
@QDS95
Maybe you could edit your initial post so others reading it won't be misled. AMCAS instructions are clear that an original transcript must be submitted from every post-HS institution. I'm sorry your verification will be delayed, but appreciate that you posted a warning.
I will update the thread. It was confusing to me because I took the classes in my high school and they were part of my high school curriculum and also awarded me college credit. Apologies for the confusion.

altblue

5+ Year Member
Feb 11, 2014
Status
Medical Student (Accepted)
Lolol, thank God. my high school transcript definitely won't be getting me II's

Reactions: Saifa and Dox4lyfe
OP
RxMeds

RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
Sounds like these AP classes were also Dual Enrollment classes. Is that correct? Otherwise there wouldn't be a college transcript to send. In this case, there is a CC that issued credits.
Honestly I don't remember what type of credits they were. The classes were college classes that I took in high school at my high school, and it appears that the credit was awarded to the community college in my town - and then accepted by my current university, as shown on my current university transcript. AMCAS requested the transcript from the community college.

PreMedMissteps

The Great West Coast
2+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2017
Honestly I don't remember what type of credits they were. The classes were college classes that I took in high school at my high school, and it appears that the credit was awarded to the community college in my town - and then accepted by my current university, as shown on my current university transcript. AMCAS requested the transcript from the community college.

If these were simply AP courses, then there wouldn't be any CC transcript. Your HS must have had some sort of DE arrangement as well. Did you also take a AP exam?

OP
RxMeds

RxMeds

2+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2014
Somewhere in the Midwest
Status
Pre-Medical
If these were simply AP courses, then there wouldn't be any CC transcript. Your HS must have had some sort of DE arrangement as well. Did you also take a AP exam?
I did not take an AP exam

Dox4lyfe

2+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2017
I did not take an AP exam
Oh my. Thanks for finally clarifying lol. These were dual credit courses (NOT AP) for which you would indeed need a transcript from the CC because that is the institution that awarded the credit. These were not AP courses but community college courses taken at your high school.

Catalystik

The Gimlet Eye
10+ Year Member
Sep 4, 2006
The Other Side of the Portal
I will update the thread. It was confusing to me because I took the classes in my high school and they were part of my high school curriculum and also awarded me college credit.
Thank you.

Saifa

Carrion Crawler
2+ Year Member
Dec 17, 2015
Status
Medical Student
This thread almost gave me a heart attack.

About the Ads