How will you view your scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Sahani

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Once you know the scores are up and you are ready to check, will you just be letting it pop up and going straight for the composite? Or slowly revealing each section?

I'd rather get it one piece at a time; soften the blow and let me pretend my probability calculations actually matter when I see each section's score...

What's worse than actually doing this? Planning it out.... scores, already!

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not gonna look at SDN until the scores come in. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.

I will cover the screen with my hand, so that it doesn't hit me all at once. I haven't decided yet, though, whether I will unveil each section and then the final score, or whether I will just remove my hand and force myself to take it all in.

ok stupid qustion....uymmm can you check YOUR scores on line?

and yeah id ck it slowly so i can keep hoping that ill do better in the next section

Members don't see this ad :)
mbess481 said:
How could you reveal each section slowly? The numbers all come up in one box. It would be pretty hard for your eye not to take most of it in before you have a chance to "cover up".

Well, you could have your hand up (or a piece of paper up) right before you hit enter on your keyboard...

blz said:
I'm not gonna look at SDN until the scores come in. I'd rather be pleasantly surprised.

That's probably the best idea. After seeing people in the forum holler about the scores being released, I'd probably have heart palpatations and keel over before I got the score :D

Just look at it. Then re-look at it and be sure I saw it right. Then think about how it compares to what I wanted. Then wonder if that changes my chances any... :)

Medikit said:
Like a bandaid

good call, have to do it quickly and get it over with!! :p

i'll probably be in the lab, where half a dozen others are waiting for scores too... so i'll we'll either be supporting one another, or all hiding in respective corners...

my eyes will first goto the total, then ill let out some sorta reaction and then ill look at the section scores

First of all I would go to the rest room splash some water on my face and then put some on my head like gel to keep a cool head :laugh:
lol
I'd just look at them calmly. You took the test two months back. Why sweat now??

The reaction will look something like this:

MCAT + heat and pressure ----> Relief; an alternative pathway would be to produce extreme stress (it depends on if you use a catalyst or not).

I will first pray and tell God "Thank you" for what ever I get and trust him to give me what I need to get in!! I'll be at work, so I will try not to scream too loud when I get my wonderful score!!! :)

First I'll come to SDN, and from the forums main page I'll be able to see how many people are viewing the MCAT forum, that should let me know when scores are out. Going to SDN first will give you a heads up and lessen the blow. However, I won't enter the MCAT forum for fear of reading those threads of how everyone got much lower than they expected.

Next, I'll go to THX and do the sheet of paper thingy...seeing the score all at once might be too much to handle.

I'm going to go for the taking it in all at once....once I know they are up. I'm also going to have some wine on hand in order to calm my nerves.