How would a third W affect my chances

Started by MBaker57
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

MBaker57

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm finishing up my freshman credits, currently at a Community College, and I'm transferring to a University within the next one or two semesters, before my A.A. degree. I recently had a family tragedy where my family took in 4 people, causing me to pick up full time work. This has changed my study habits and led to more stress. I dropped an online business computer application course because i had changed my major, to (hopefully) become a doctor someday. In the next semester I also withdrew from a college study success seminar, one that was worth no credit, and was just a class i could take. This semester the workload from a composition class and a higher end math class, along with my full time job has put me into a predicament where i need to withdraw from my Anatomy and Physiology I course, if i stayed in I could get probably a C at best in the class. I've saved money for college, to where i won't need to work, and my study habits continue to improve, it is not a major concern, I know I can handle the workload for the future. How bad would this third Withdrawal be for my transcript?
 
First: How did you get a W for a class that was worth no credit? Also, why would you withdraw from a class if it was worth no credit. It can't factor into GPA if it has no credit hour worth.

As far as the W goes -- do what you have to do. As long as you retake the class later and get an A then it will be easy to explain the circumstances.
 
I believe i misspoke, it was worth credit, but was an elective. I believe i'll major in biology, not entirely sure yet. So i will end up having to take A+P I again when i transfer to my University.