How would adcom take it if I said I also wanted to be a lifestyle coach?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

yummygummy

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wouldn't for the reasons you already listed.

I have to agree... It just calls into question why you want to go to Pharmacy school.

Having that goal is great, and I don't think anyone would question you on it later down the road, but why prejudice them against you before they even meet you?

Members don't see this ad :)
No one (except the adcom of the school(s) you are applying to) can tell you what they would think of your PS - we can only make informed guesses.

But here's a tip: If you would err, err on the side of caution. If you have any doubts about something in your PS, remove it.

maybe just tell them you don't mind telling other people how to live their lives..

isn't that what a life coach does haha!

Then tell them "... and momma said if you do something well you should get paid for it less'n it wasn't right, whacher doin'."

I think if you do it with charm and confidence it will give you a big boost.

im sure you can spin this in support of pharmacy and make yourself look unique at the same time. patient-care, gerntology...somethings there

I aspire to be a pharmacist and a lifestyle coach (on the side) in the future. Should I put this in my personal statement? The reason for this is because I am a person that likes to stay active by dancing, exercising, meditating, eating well etc and I wanted to be more hands-on with the people I am working with. But I don't want ADCOM thinking that perhaps I am leaning more towards another career and perhaps pharmacy isn't for me. The "lifestyle coach" wouldn't be the main focus of my PS, maybe just 2-3 sentences.